Sunday, August 30, 2009

First Day of School

On August 24th, Emory and Ellie headed back to Mill Creek Elementary school. They had a long, fun summer but were both excited to head back to school and be with their friends. We are so lucky to have two children who love school so much!

They were all smiles as they headed out to take pictures before heading down to the bus stop.

Ellie has grown up so quickly! I can't believe that she is already in first grade. It seems like just yesterday that I was taking her to her first day of preschool and watching her through the window after I dropped her off.

Emory has really grown this summer too. Not any wider, but definitely taller! He's heading into fourth grade with the same teacher for the third year in a row! She loves this class so much that she has "looped up" with them for the second time.

Heading down to the bus stop together. While they probably wouldn't admit it, I know that they will miss each other during the day.
Here is Ellie with her teacher, Mrs. Ledford at the end of the first day. Mrs. Ledford is the mom of her friend Macy and Ellie was so excited to get her for a teacher. She also has lots of friends in her class from last year and from the neighborhood. It's going to be a great year for Ellie!