When the last week of summer vacation arrived, I asked Emory and Ellie some of the things that they wanted to do before going back to school. One thing that they had been saying all summer was to visit the Ripley's Believe It or Not!. I've only ever been to one myself and thought it was just okay but since the one here in St. Augustine is the original, we decided to check it out one morning and see what strange things it had to offer.
This Ripley's is located in a massive old castle/house. It was kind of musty with creeky wood floors and a huge staircase but that just added to the mysteriousness of it.
The exhibits were strange, mostly silly, and about what I remembered from before. There did seem to be a extraordinary number of exhibits built out of toothpicks though! Being that we are in St. Augustine there was an entire section devoted to pirates that the kids enjoyed. Aargh!
One of the neater exhibits was located outside and it was a "log cabin" built inside of a hollowed out log.